An Uncrossing unties a problem which is known to be “crossed”. It unravels it so that the obstacle is removed and the way ahead becomes clear. It’s important that a crossed condition is released and does not store stagnant or negative energy.
A crossed condition may have been caused by a curse, hex, stressful situation or illness. The problem may have been hanging round for a long time and feel entrenched and nothing has managed to shift it. Encountering a problem repeatedly may have lowered your self-esteem and you may have formed a negative opinion about your ability, so even if it wasn’t an actual curse or hex, it can feel like one. In effect, you have created your own curse.
There are several methods of uncrossing, but one of the most popular is an uncrossing bath. It symbolically removes the physical dirt from your skin and hair, and in doing so, also removes energetic impurities.
Ritual uncrossing baths should be repeated on consecutive days (usually 3, 7, 9 or 13 days) depending on the severity of the problem. If you are looking for a significant shift, I suggest doing it for the full 13 days, taking a break for a month and repeating.
The number and combination of ingredients depends on the problem, but it’s usually 3,7,9 or 13 ingredients. There are many different recipes for uncrossing baths but it is most effective if you use your own choice of herbs and other ingredients such as salts, flowers, oils, even crystals.
• Agrimony is a herb known for its power in removing curses and hexes.
• Basil is a cleansing herb that also helps with money problems.
• Black Coffee is a powerful ingredient to help with exhaustion or debilitating illness
• Chamomile has the ability to soothe an embarrassing or stressful situation
• Dandelion can filter out negative people from your life • Dill can help with problem in your love life.
• Eucalyptus is a herb that cleanses and removes negativity or toxic people.
• Hyssop can remove guilt or shame that is weighing you down.
• Lavender can help with all kinds of emotional problems, especially anxiety.
• Lemon can remove unwanted situations and people that are holding you back.
• Mint can unblock bad luck and bring good fortune into your life. • Nettle can help bring you the strength and confidence to deal with a tricky situation.
• Patchouli enhances the power of whatever ingredients you are using.
• Rose can remove problems in your love or sex life.
• Rosemary is a protective and cleansing herb that can remove negative thoughts that are weighing you down.
• Rue is known as a powerful protector against evil or toxicity. • Sage can break a run of poor performance in work or exams.
• Sea Salt will round your magic and should be used in all uncrossing baths.
• Vinegar is a strong cleanser that can assist the emotional trauma following physical or sexual abuse.
When you have selected your herbs and other ingredients, here is how you perform a Ritual Uncrossing Bath:
1. Put a large pan of water on the hob – enough for three jugs or bowlfuls.
2. Take the first of your ingredients in your hands. Talk to it and ask it to help remove the crossed condition in your life. Thank it for its help and add it to the water. Repeat for all the ingredients.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer your ingredients gently for 10 – 15 minutes.
4. Strain the ingredients and let the mixture cool.
5. Take a bath like you normally do.
6. Once you’re physically clean, light two candles (one on either side of your bathtub or shower).
7. Take the mixture and pour it over your head, asking from your heart for your crossed condition to be removed. You can directly address a deity if you wish.
8. If it’s warm enough, allow yourself to air dry when you step out of the bath. Blow out the candles, but on the last day, allow them to burn down completely. Make sure they are safe.
9. Lie down for a while. Close your eyes and call in the positive energy or situation you would like to fill the vacuum created by losing the negativity that was stuck to you.
The Self-Love Ritual
For this ritual you will need a piece of rose quartz and a blanket (your duvet will do). You also need a small piece of cloth like a handkerchief or scarf, black if possible but don’t worry if you don’t have black. It is helpful to have some incense burning. Leave the window open slightly to release the negative energy outside and away from you.
1. After your Uncrossing bath, when you are dry and have relaxed for a bit, take the rose quartz and your blanket or duvet and lie on your back. Place the quartz on your solar plexus, which is in the centre of your abdomen just beneath your rib cage. In this space we hold on to anxiety, fear and other negative emotions. Imagine all of this emotion being absorbed into the quartz; literally leaving your body and pouring into the quartz. Say aloud: “I love myself unconditionally. I release fear. I am not afraid to move forward in my life.”
2. Next, move the quartz to your heart space, which is on your chest and slightly to the left. In this space we hold on to heartache, pain and sadness. Picture these emotions leaving your body and being absorbed into the crystal. Say aloud: “I love myself unconditionally. I release pain. I am open to new loves and adventures.”
3. Next, move the quartz to your forehead, your third eye space. In this area we create barriers and reasons why we can’t achieve something. Imagine all of your doubts and reasons why you can’t be happy leaving your mind and being absorbed into the crystal. Say aloud: “I love myself unconditionally. I release doubts and barriers. I am ready to live a happy life.”
4. When you feel ready, wrap the quartz in the cloth, snuggle down under your blanket and duvet and relax, have a nap or read for a while. Night time is a good time to perform this ritual and then you can simply fall asleep until the next morning.
5. When you get up, take the rose quartz and rinse it under the cold tap for a couple of minutes. Make sure the water is as cold as possible. Picture all of that negative energy going down the plughole with the water. Then put the cloth in the dirty washing basket or dispose of it. Place the crystal in the freezer for 24 hours to cleanse and refresh it and make sure it is not holding on to any negative energy.
6. Go and live your life. It will take time and there will be difficult days, but keep in mind how much you love and care for yourself, and know you are ready to meet your future. And make your future bright and beautiful. Blessings to you.